Wednesday, January 15, 2020

New books

I may have a new book in my folder today!  Ask me about how I show understanding after listening or reading with a partner?

Ask me about ways to make ten?  Can I quickly and confidently tell you how to get to 10 from any number between 0 and 10? (most of us do really well when we only 1, 2, or 3 more, but many of us are struggling to make the "reciprocal" connection so that the larger numbers like 6, 7, 8 are also "quick math facts"!  We need to keep practicing those math facts to 10! 

We will bring a copy of "Spin to 10" to share at home this weekend.  This can be used one time, or if you put it inside a plastic sheet protector, it could be used as a game many times over!  Ask me if I played and who my partner(s) were today at school for this new spinning game!

We also played a game called "Place Value Path" right at the end of the day today, so we will bring a copy of that one home on Friday as well.

Just an update:  We did pretty good with out choices today, considering we had to stay inside.  We did have a gym time with Mr. J though and that always helps a lot!

                   >> we are working to keep our citizenship "jewel" jar full of good choices, so we can have some "free" creative time on Friday as part of our learning choices.  We are developing the understanding about being responsible and making good choices to fill other buckets, be helpful, be safe and respectful, so we share in community benefits like MORE choices in our learning and some free choice time and even maybe a special PJ, and PIZZA Friday! 

This Friday, so far, we still have some free choice time coming, we have some mental health connections planned and a buddy reading time in the morning as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google access Email sent to parents

I sent this to emails.  Some content has been edited out from here for privacy, so refer to your email first please By now you have rec...