Thursday, October 24, 2019

Halloween Dance tomorrow!

From your child's point of view.....


I am very excited about the school Halloween Dance!

We've still been working hard though.  Ask me if I can count by 2's - 2, 4, 6, 8, ... or 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 . How high can I go.  I can probably count by 5's and 10's. Can I do it starting on any number you ask me to start on between 1 and 100?

I can maybe tell you "1 more or 2 more" than a number you tell me.  I can maybe tell you "1 less or 2 less" than a number you give me.  We have been practicing at school.  I should recognize if I am moving forward in a count or backward in a count. 

We are learning a new poem that we are presenting at tomorrow morning's assembly.  It is the acknowledgement of the lands.  Ask me if I can tell it to you!  We will keep practicing this one! Maybe I remember some by myself.  This is a job we do in a very large group, which helps me feel much more confident!

We have been practicing sliding sounds apart for simple 3 letter words.  Maybe I can do some for you!  Try cat = c-a-t - I tell the 3 sounds.  Or if you tell me the sounds, can I tell you the word!  I should be able to hear how many and tell you how many sounds in a word.  This helps me become a better writer, who writes words independently!

Keep reading those little books at home, even if I want to read the same book over and over and over again!  That makes me feel confident and helps me make sense of words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google access Email sent to parents

I sent this to emails.  Some content has been edited out from here for privacy, so refer to your email first please By now you have rec...